Well the Sugar Shack is a little
old place where we can get together – Sugar Shack, bay-beeee! Sorry, I can’t help but think of the B-52′s classic Love Shack tune when referencing our latest cupcake destination. Wouldn’t you know it, both the Sugar Shack and the Love Shack are located in Georgia! Two solid reasons why everyone should move to Georgia – ’cause that’s where it’s at!
So after Steve and I got our ducks in a row this weekend (after encountering these obstacles), we arrived at Sugar Shack late Sunday afternoon. And, we’ve got another vlog that will (hopefully!) sum up our outing. We did encounter one more obstacle, though. Once we got home from Sugar Shack, we discovered that one of our video clips didn’t download – it mysteriously disappeared. Drat! I’m still pretty bummed because it was a critical transitional piece. Thanks for bearing with us here as we learn, and mess up, and grow, mess up some more, and then get really awesome. Roll tape!
We really enjoyed our experience at Sugar Shack, and got a kick out of all their creative flavors (I counted 41 varieties on their menu, and spotted about 30 in the display case). Plus, with each of our four cupcakes being filled, I feel like we really got our moneys worth. Each frosting/topping was creamy and not overly sweet. The cakes were soft, but not spongy soft. It was more like a crumbly soft…but not cupcake blanket soft.
One thing the vanished clip included was a shot and description of the cupcake counter, that I was especially excited to share with reader Nessa. I promise I’ll secure that footage during our next outing, but I do have a photo to offer as a consolation:
And now, the breakdown…
Sugar Shack / 4058 Peachtree Rd. Atlanta, GA / http://www.sugarshackatlanta.com
1. Price: $2.50 each / buy 11, get one free
2. Room temperature: Nope, they’re kept in a cold case. But they weren’t super cold, so that was good.
3. Size: Standard
4. Vegan or gluten-free options: They had a gluten-free chocolate cupcake available on the day of our visit.
5. To-go packaging: Oh, shoot. We ate ours on the spot, and I didn’t happen to notice the to-go packaging behind the counter. Sorry folks!
6. Milk for sale?: Yes! You can also scan their tea menu (yup, a whole menu devoted to tea!), or slurp on coffee, hot chocolate, espresso, Boylan’s natural sodas, sparkling water, Coke/Diet Coke, orange juice – no shortage on beverage offerings here!
7. Other treats for non-cupcake enthusiasts you may have in tow: Tons! Soups, sandwiches, salads, cookies, brownies, cheesecake, pies, cake, muffins. All of that is bound to make everyone happy!
8. Ambiance: It may be full of sugar, but shack it is not. Sugar Shack is charming! Fun (but not too loud) music playing, lots of natural light, playful chalkboard menus, plenty of indoor seating on cool retro, aluminum chairs – all lending to a solid cozy factor. There’s also abundant outdoor seating, where you can join in on the lively atmosphere that is Brookhaven Station.
9. Service: Sweet! We definitely felt welcomed at Sugar Shack. The place was clean and sparkly, and we were well taken care of.
10. Three words to describe the Sugar Shack experience:
1) Fun 2) Filling 3) Peppy
We didn’t crown a Top 10 cupcake this time around (the Sundae came close), but are happy to now know about Sugar Shack. It’s a cool place that’d I definitely recommend to folks!